Extracted from LBUS Carta
The mission of the “Lucian Blaga” University in Sibiu is that of a knowledge broker and competence trainer by promoting excellence and principles of sustainability in education and research, in a broad spectrum of disciplines. LBUS will significantly contribute to the development of the local community, the region and the Romanian society as a whole by:
- developing a student-centered creative and stimulating education that integrates the results of national and international scientific research into the development of intellectual capital;
- developing international academic partnerships with prestigious universities;
- integrating research centers into international networks of excellence and conducting fundamental and applicative research, generating knowledge;
- developing the historical commitment to promoting academic freedom in accordance with high ethical standards;
- achieving a stimulating intellectual and social climate;
- developing partnerships in all fields, at national and international level, and capitalizing on knowledge for the sustainable development of society.
The LBUS mission is materialized through the following strategic actions:
- promoting education and research in line with the requirements of a knowledge-based society, innovation and lifelong learning and integration into the European and global circuit.
- methodological knowledge and bringing original contributions to the priority fields of science and technology of the 21st century and to the broad, flexible, interactive and continuous education of both students and graduates of higher education.
- interaction with the economic, social and academic environment at local, national and international level.
- contribution to local, regional and national development in social, economic, cultural terms.