Extract from ULBS Carta
The mission of the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu is that of knowledge broker and skills trainer by promoting excellence and the principles of sustainability in the process of education and research, in a wide range of disciplines. ULBS will make a significant contribution to the development of the local community, the region and society Romanian as a whole, by:
- Achieving a creative and simulating student-centered education that integrates the results of national and international scientific research into the development of intellectual capital;
- stablishing international academic partnerships with prestigeious universities;
- Integration of research centers in international networks of excellence and conducting fundamental and applied research, generating knowledge;
- Developing the historical commitment to promote academic freedom in accordance with high ethical standards;
- Achieving an internally stimulating intellectual and social climate;
- Developing partnerships in all fields, at national and international level and capitalizing on knowledge for the sustainable development of the society;
The ULBS mission is materialized through the following strategic actions:
- promoting education and research in accordance with the requirements of asociety based on knowledge, innovation and lifelong learning and integration into the European and global circuit.
- methodical knowledge and original contributions to the priority areas of 21st century science and technology and broad, flexible education, interactive and continuous education for both students and graduates of higher education.
- interaction with the economic, social and academic environment at local, national and international level.
- contribution to local, regional and national development in terms of social, economic, cultural point of view.