Call for papers
We would like to invite you to the
International Conference ”Alcoholism and Other Addictions: Psychosocial, Therapeutical, Historical and Economical Issues”
Cluj-Napoca, Romania: November 17-18, 2017
The conference will take place in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, at Faculty of Sociology and Social Work of Babeş-Bolyai University, 21 Decembrie 1989 Street, no 128-130 (but the entrance from Anghel Saligny Street).
The conference is organized by the Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca and his partners, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Herstelgroep Nederland, University of Applied Sciences Leiden, Netherlands and Economic Psychology International Association.
- Eugen Baican (Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Tarja Orjasniemi (University of Lapland, Rovaniemi, Finland)
- Gert de Haan (Herstelgroep Nederland and Advisory Board EU- ERANID)
- Dafin Muresanu (University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Iuliu Hatieganu”, Romania)
- Daniel David (Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
- Michael Stevens (Illinois State University, USA)
- Christian Stark (University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Linz, Austria)
- Eugen Iordanescu (University Lucian Blaga of Sibiu)
- Maria van der Drift (University of Applied Sciences Leiden, Netherlands)
- Wilhelmina Portegies (Jellinek/Arkin CSD, EAPN – Dutch branch)
- Claude Riviere (L’Association Nationale de Prévention en Alcoologie et Addictologie, France, Eurocare-European Alcohol Policy Alliance).
Organising Committee and Contact Persons:
- Eugen Baican, Babeş-Bolyai University Cluj-Napoca (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cornelia Iordanescu, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu (email@example.com)
- Gert de Haan, Herstelgroep Nederland (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The aim of the conference:
The overall aim of this multi-disciplinary conference is to bring together specialists from different branches of science and countries, academics and expert practitioners, in order to present their research and practical results, to promote an interdisciplinary dialog on topics
related to the different issue of addictions, alcoholism and all other addiction, on psychosocial, therapeutical historical and economical issues. We are mainly interested to stimulate scientific research in addictions and encourage new policies and more effective practice in the field.
Topics of the conference:
We welcome original research papers, case studies, ongoing projects and presentations on
topics including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Sociological, psychological, medical and anthropological patterns of addictiv behavior;
- Cultural and spiritual issues in addiction; the multicultural and transcultura perspectives;
- Individual, familial and social impact of addictive behavior in a multiperspective view;
- Economical impact of addictive behavior and public policy interventions;
- Social control and public policy concerning alcohol and other drugs/other addictions, in regards to their production, trade, consumption, addiction (prevention, therapy, rehabilitation);
- History of alcohol and other drugs/other addictions, concerning their production/practice, using and addiction;
- Good practice models in the addiction approaching: old and new challenges;
- Prevention, therapy, rehabilitation and social-professional re-integration in addictions.
- New drugs and new other addictions in the contemporary world.
The program will feature a plenary section keynote lectures and specific sections presentations will run for 15 minutes to be followed by 10 minutes of questions, answers and discussion. Conference will include special workshops and, also, poster session’s presentation. Conference papers can be also presented online.
Michael Stevens, Illinois State University, USA
Gert de Haan, Herstelgroep Nederland
Eugen Iordanescu, Lucian Blaga University and Eugen Baican, Babeş-Bolyai University
Languages of the conference:
The languages of the conference is English and Romanian
The presented papers will be published in a special number of The Romanian Sociology Review (Sociologie Romaneasca) and/or in a book, at Eikon &Scoala Ardeleana Publishing House, after they will be evaluated through a peer-review