The Romanian-U.S. Fulbright Commission is pleased to announce the 2015-2016 Fulbright Student Award program for master’s study or research in the United States. Applicants can be Romanian graduates - BA, MA or PhD students -from accredited public and private universities. BA students are also invited to apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study.
The applicants will be selected through open, merit-based competition to participate in quality graduate level programs in any academic field except clinical medicine.
► Grant duration: one university year (starting August 2015)
► Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have Romanian citizenship; persons with dual (Romanian and U.S.) citizenship as well as green card holders are ineligible;
- hold at least a Bachelor's degree (BA students may apply if they are in their final year of undergraduate study);
- have English proficiency;
- if applying in law, applicants must hold a degree in that field.
- preference for candidates without extensive previous experience in the U.S. applies at each stage of competition.
► Each applicant will be required to submit:
- an online application (https://apply.embark.com/student/fulbright/international/20/);
- three letters of recommendation from university professors and/or other acknowledged Romanian or foreign professionals, submitted directly in the online application or mailed as official paper copies (by May 7, 2014, postmarked);
- academic transcripts and diplomas for all undergraduate and graduate levels, accompanied by translations, scanned and uploaded to the online application by May 7, 2014; official paper transcripts should be sent at a later date, only by those who are selected for interview.
Application deadline: May 7, 2014
For more information and details, please check the Fulbright Commission Site, and/or contact Professor Silvia Florea, Fulbright Ambassador at Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu.
Documente / Legături: