Department for Student Career Orientation
Rapid economic changes entail current careers to be less accurately defined and less predictable. People have to confront change, they have to face increasing demands regarding managerial and financial skills, and they also have to cope with higher requirements of understanding their own values, abilities and interests.
The Department for Student Career Orientation provides student assistance in career information, counselling and orientation in view of a better integration on the labour market.
The Department for Student Career Orientation has the mission of providing professional counselling in career orientation for both undergraduates and graduates of the “Lucian Blaga” University of Sibiu as an integral part of their academic program.
The Department provides complex information regarding available jobs as well as the requirements that must be met for application:
- Organizing and performing activities of individual or group counselling in the field of career management;
- Information on local programs that provide future vacancies on the labour market;
- Information on legal requirements regarding work, the rights and duties of both employer and employee;
- Psycho-attitudinal assessment in view of establishing job compatibility, as well as drawing up reports on career counselling;
- Training and developing abilities of proper integration on the labour market;
- Ensures effective communication between student organizations, on the one hand, and university, on the other.